Real time operating systems (RTOS) play an important role in any embedded system, enabling users to control the time critical functions required to be handled within specific timeframes for the effective use of those systems. FreeRTOS is an open source RTOS that has been used in various embedded systems and has been effectively ported onto various processors.
This course is intended for anyone interested in RISC-V and real-time operating systems (RTOS). Learners will receive an introduction to embedded systems, RISC-V and the FreeRTOS real-time operating system. The course also teaches the skills needed to integrate RISC-V processors with FreeRTOS for real-time applications, and trains students on how to use open source processors and RTOS systems for various embedded applications.
Upon completion, participants will have the skills to enhance their careers in building embedded systems with RTOS capabilities.
- Explain what an embedded system is.
- Get an in-depth understanding of FreeRTOS.
- Get an in-depth understanding of RISC-V.
- Apply FreeRTOS on RISC-V processors.
- Build applications for RISC-V processors that use the FreeRTOS features.
- Chapter 1. Introduction to RTOS and Embedded Systems
- Chapter 2. FreeRTOS
- Chapter 3. Porting FreeRTOS to Another Software or Hardware Platform
- Chapter 4. RISC-V Processors
- Chapter 5. Porting FreeRTOS to RISC-V Processors
- Chapter 6. Application Building with FreeRTOS and RISC-V
- Final Exam (verified track only)
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 7 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes