Content and engagement in online education requires a different set of skills in terms of best practices, technologies and course supports. Learn engagement and facilitation strategies for online students and online environments. Key learning objectives for this course include:
- Applying best practices to teaching online courses.
- Identifying technologies that can be used in teaching.
- Identifying course supports (such as Open Educational Resources and Universal Design for Learning) and ancillary services (such as exam proctoring tools) to help support and enrich learner experiences.
Best practices in the following:
- ADA Compliance
- Online Presence
- Navigation/User Experience
Developing Learning Content:
- Describe the fundamental principles for creating online educational content.
- Articulate the fundamental rules for creating educational videos.
- Choose between different video formats for creating educational content.
- Find outside resources to include in their learning content.
- Describe the fundamental principles for accessible design.
- Explain the difference between Fair Use, Public Domain, and Creative Commons.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes