This course is part of W3C’s “Front-End Web Developer” Professional Certificate.
Have you just begun your journey into Web development? This course introduces you to the basics of Web design and teach you how to style your Web site for a professional look and feel.
In this course, we guide you step-by-step in using the latest Web standards to structure your content and presentation like a professional. You will explore numerous CSS features to help you control the look and feel of your site such as colors, fonts and layout. By the end of the course, you should understand all the fundamental elements of CSS and how to use them effectively.
It is recommended that you are at least a little familiar with HTML before taking this course, but we are providing you with the HTML code when necessary.
- Basic selection of CSS properties
- Fundamental CSS selectors
- Designing page layout through relative positioning with CSS
- Best practices in Web design
Module 1: Getting started with CSS
- What is CSS?
- Why is CSS important?
Module 2: Building CSS rules
- HTML review
- Building a CSS rule
- Attaching CSS to HTML using selectors
- Applying styles using CSS properties
Module 3: Specific HTML targeting with CSS selectors
- Using HTML classes and IDs
- CSS pseudo-classes
- Combining selectors
Module 4: Layout and positioning
- The basics of layout
- Floating elements
- Relative positioning
Module 5: Designing your Web site for your audience
- The basics of design
- Designing for your audience
- Why accessibility is important
- Why internationalization is important
- Historical Web design trends
- Current Web design trends
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes