Want to study for an MBA but are unsure of basic financial concepts? This business and management course prepares you for studying finance in an MBA program and in business generally.
You will learn key financial topics such as present value, Internal Rate of Return (IRR), capital budgeting, equity, bonds, diversification, portfolio choice and the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM), all of which are often discussed and explored in great detail in MBA programs across the globe as well as everyday business operations.
A completely online course, you can work wherever and whenever you choose: at home, in the workplace, at a library, coffee shop or even while travelling (with the appropriate network access).
This course employs a ‘supported learning’ model. To help you achieve the optimum learning outcomes from this module, Imperial College Business School provides access to an expert online tutor who will support you through the learning materials and associated activities.
No previous financial knowledge is needed. Join us as you start your journey into the world of finance for management.
- How to incorporate the time value of money to value assets
- Capital budgeting for a project (such as a flat or house purchase)
- Understand how to allocate assets for retirement
- Understand how risky cash flows are value
- Value a bond
- Understand how a yield curve is obtained
- Value a company
- Understand how a portfolio selection problem is solved
- Understand how correlations and diversification opportunities vary over time
- Implement the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) to estimate the required rate of return for risky assets
- Using financial tools in context
- CAPM and betas
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes