Please Note: Learners who successfully complete this IBM course can earn a skill badge — a detailed, verifiable and digital credential that profiles the knowledge and skills you’ve acquired in this course. Enroll to learn more, complete the course and claim your badge!
In this course designed for beginners, You will learn how to build cloud native applications using current containerization tools and technologies such as containers, Docker, container registries, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Istio. And also how to deploy and scale your applications in any public, private, or hybrid cloud.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to build a container image, then deploy and scale your container on the cloud using OpenShift.
If you understand basic cloud and programming concepts, and your career path includes roles such as cloud developer, cloud architect, cloud system engineer, DevOps engineer, and cloud networking specialist, this course is for you!
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Using containers, learn how to move applications quickly across any environment.
- Build cloud native applications using Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Istio.
- Describe and leverage Kubernetes architecture to set up and use an entire lifecycle-based container management system.
- Create and leverage a YAML deployment file to configure and create resources such as pods, services, replicasets, and others in a declarative way.
- Introduction to containers
- Introduction to Docker
- Building container images
- Using container registries
- Running containers
- Understanding container orchestration
- Understanding Kubernetes architecture
- Introduction to Kubernetes objects
- Using basic Kubernetes objects
- Using the kubectl command
- Leveraging Kubernetes
- Using ReplicaSets
- Using autoscaling
- Understanding rolling updates
- Understanding ConfigMaps and secrets
- Using service bindings
Module 4 – The Kubernetes ecosystem
- The Kubernetes Ecosystem
- Introduction to Red Hat OpenShift
- Red Hat OpenShift and Kubernetes
*Module 5 * – Final Project
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes