In this course, you will learn how to rapidly build command line tools, mock RESTful JSON APIs and prototype real-time services. You will also discover and use various ecosystem and Node core libraries, and come away understanding common use cases for Node.js.
By immersing the student in a full-stack development experience, this course helps to bring context to Node.js as it relates to the Web Platform while providing students with a pragmatic foundation in building various types of real-world Node.js applications. At the same time, the general principles and key understandings introduced by this course can prepare the student for further study towards the OpenJS Node.js Application Developer (JSNAD) and OpenJS Node.js Services Developer (JSNSD) certifications.
- How to rapidly build command line tools.
- How to rapidly mock RESTful JSON APIs.
- How to rapidly prototype real-time services.
- Discover and use ecosystem utilities.
- Chapter 1: Setting up
- Chapter 2: Service Mocking
- Chapter 3: Going Real-Time
- Chapter 4: Building CLI Tools
- Chapter 5: Navigating the Ecosystem
- Chapter 6: What’s Next?
- Final Exam (Verified Certificate track only)
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 7 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes