Leading organizational change can be a challenge for anyone. Doing so in a large, heavily-regulated environment such as healthcare without the proper tools to develop, coach, and mentor employees is a recipe for failure. Such dynamic environments call for skilled, strong leaders to guide the way and develop successful, functional teams.
Learn foundational skills critical to leaders, including communication skills, coaching, mentoring, negotiation, and motivation theory. This course will also explore team development through facilitation and collaboration. Assess your personal style of leadership by learning more about strengths and areas of improvement. This course will also focus on practical strategic thinking practices, leadership theories and leadership style development, and how leadership style can be used to think and act strategically.
To be an effective agent of change, a healthcare administrator must have a foundational understanding of healthcare advocacy, law, and regulatory issues, as well as compliance. This course will focus on a wide range of important issues in health law, health policy and the factors at play when developing a strategic advocacy platform such as bioethics and informed consent. At the conclusion of this course, learners will be able to identify health policies that promote quality, advocacy and system change within a healthcare organization.
- How individual development, including communication skills, coaching, mentoring, negotiation, and motivation theory, works within a leadership role.
- Examine team development through the topics of facilitation and collaboration.
- Analyze individual strengths and areas of improvement within leadership.
- Assess your personal style of leadership.
- Describe practical strategic thinking practices and leadership theories.
- Evaluate how leadership style can be used to think and act strategically.
- Discuss health law.
- Explain physician-patient relations within a legal context.
- Interpret laws that shape access to health care.
- Explore informed consent for medical treatment.
- Evaluate medical malpractice suits within healthcare systems.
- Inspect the utilization of bioethics in healthcare.
- Describe methods for advocating in healthcare systems.
- Identify culturally competent advocacy strategies.
- Assess a health policy change that promotes quality, advocacy and system change.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes