Learn how to identify key stakeholders involved in the implementation of Six Sigma and understand the role of cross-functional teams, upper management, and related customer satisfaction. Learners will gain an understanding of the steps in Six Sigma Project Management related to the Lean Six Sigma Supply Chain process and to improve risk management. The course provides an understanding of what “Lean” means in Six Sigma and how to drive sustainable process improvement and competitive advantage.
CLSSYB02 is a comprehensive training on Lean Six Sigma and a part of the ISCEA CLSSYB – Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate.
- To identify key elements in Six Sigma Implementations and deployment of Six Sigma into business processes and decision making.
- How to identify key stakeholders, utilize Six Sigma Teams, and introduce the basics of change management with continuous improvement.
- How to identify problem-solving techniques, metrics, and steps for doing a QFD or House of Quality.
- How to identify the customer, define how the customer worth is defined, and understand customer life cycle/loyalty.
- To utilize the steps to project management in LSS-SC through Six Sigma Process Methodology, (DMAIC – Define, Measure Analyze, Improve, and Control).
- To implement “Lean” related to Six Sigma in Supply Chain and understand related flows in quality management and improvement projects.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes