Discover concepts and techniques relating to differentiation and how they can be applied to solve real world problems.
This course is part three of the MathTrackX XSeries Program which has been designed to provide you with a solid foundation in mathematical fundamentals and how they can be applied in the real world.
This course will cover basic concepts and techniques relating to differentiation; a fundamental tool of calculus. Derivatives are key to the understanding of rates of change, that is the extent to which a function responds to changes in a dependent variable.
Guided by experts from the School of Mathematics and the Maths Learning Centre at the University of Adelaide, this course will cover concepts and techniques to provide a foundation for the applications of differentiation in STEM related careers and/or further study at the undergraduate level.
Join us as we provide opportunities to develop your skills and confidence in applying mathematics to solve real world problems.
- How derivatives relate to the slope of a function
- How to calculate the derivative of polynomials and special functions
- Differentiation rules for evaluating the derivative of non-trivial functions
- The concept and application of ‘the second derivative’
- How to use differentiation to solve problems in basic motion, mechanics and optimisation.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes