Project teams usually spend a large portion of their time solving problems instead of preventing them. Project risk management seeks to preemptively manage positive and negative events that may affect a project so as to improve its chance of success.
What will you be able to do by the end of the course?
- Identify risks in scenarios of uncertainty
- Determine who can help you
- Understand how to manage risks in settings with limited resources
- Develop risk response strategies
- Monitor and update risks throughout the life of the project
Who is this course for?
- Project managers or supervisors
- Project team members
- Funders and financiers
- Public officials from national, subnational, and municipal entities
- Professionals from different fields who help develop and execute projects
- Professionals Interested in risk management in development projects
By taking this course you will have the opportunity to share your knowledge and experience with other participants. There will be a case study through which you will be able to apply best risk-management practices to a project and you will also carry out practical exercises that will help you understand key concepts.
Course content is based on the Inter-American Development Bank’s risk management methodology, which is aligned with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Sixth Edition, 2017, of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
This course is “self-paced” so you can enroll at any time, even if the course has been open for a while. You can take it at the time that is most suitable for you inside the enrolment period of the course.
If you opt for the Audit track, you could complete the course free and have 10 weeks to take the course from the day you subscribed.
If you opt for the Verified track , you can access the course in an unlimited way and complete the qualified evaluations until the closing date, after making a payment of $25 . If you pass, in addition to the verified certificate, you will obtain a digital badge that allows you to change the way you share your academic and professional achievements, as for example, on social media.
*Did you know there is a financial aid to opt for the verified certificate?
EdX financial help: edX offers financial assistance for learners who want to earn Verified Certificates but who may not be able to pay the Verified Certificate fee. Subscribe to the course and apply for financial assistance.
See more information in the Frequently Asked Questions section below.
- Identify the main stages involved in preparing a risk management plan for development projects following the IDB’s methodology, which is based on PMI’s international standards, to successfully achieve expected results and impacts.
- Recognize the process of identifying risks that may affect the project and documenting their characteristics to facilitate risk analysis and subsequent management.
- Recognize the main elements of the risk analysis process and evaluating and combining risks’ probability of occurrence and impact to prioritize them.
- Recognize risk management strategies that allow for managing opportunities and threats that could impact the project’s objectives.
- Recognize the main elements of the risk monitoring process and continuously optimizing responses to improve efficiency when managing the project life cycle.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 9 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes