Help primary and secondary teachers from schools around the world to improve their skills in the design and management of school gardens.The objective of this course is to help primary and secondary teachers from schools around the world to improve their skills in the design and management of school gardens. The course connects the school garden with learning activities associated with any subject. In addition, it will help you improve your digital competence by learning digital tools and platforms that can be integrated into any educational scenario and level, with a special interest in cutting-edge technologies.
By the end, the learning results we expect you to achieve are:
- Identify basic issues to prepare a school garden.
- Get basic ideas and learn how to organise your gardens and decide about crops.
- Identify transversal and general competence frameworks in innovative education.
- Understand the roadmap to design learning activities around the garden and integrated in the school programme.
- Be critical in designing activities that allow your students to practice competences based on both their needs and general objectives, especially considering the sustainable development goals and the digital skills European framework.
- Being able to identify different digital tools and platforms and their use according to needs.
- Get practice in using Internet of Things as a case study of cutting-edge technology applied to school gardens.
Week 1: The garden
Week 2: The roadmap to design learning activities
Week 3: Digital tools for education
Week 4: Internet of things
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes