The Smart Cities course charts a journey across New Zealand to understand how smart cities are shaping up from Christchurch in the South to the capital city Wellington all the way to Hamilton in the North.
You’ll learn from real live smart city projects such as LED lighting, solar powered waste management solutions and more allowing you to better comprehend how New Zealand is paving new paths to harness technology to create social change.
You will analyse the role of various stakeholders in the ecosystem and examine some of the governance challenges. Finally, you will relate to developments in NZ by examining your own city context. Your interactions with other participants will have you contributing, debating, sharing and drawing insights from your city.
- Understand how local City Councils in New Zealand are organising around the concept of ‘smart’ cities.
- Analyse the role of stakeholders in development of smart cities
- Examine governance challenges in smart cities
- Critique the evolution of smart societies.
- Articulate how Cities are tackling community challenges in smart cities
- Assess the relevance of global smart city practices to local context
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes